Friday, January 5, 2018

Blogger? I Hardly Know Her

I am not good athletically, and up until 2016 I really wasn’t watching teams that I like win. This created a complex for me as a sports fan/ athlete growing up. So naturally, like any kid motived, I quit sports.

Starting in 2009, I retired from competitive sports. Besides the occasional appearance intermural sports, my days of being the D1 athlete that would make my family proud were dead.

I am still a fan of sports, cheering for the Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bears and all the teams the University of Illinois produces. My fandom took a turn this year, as I was awarded the honor of becoming a Chicago Bears Season Ticket Holder. Yes, I pay a franchise to watch a team that has only disappointed me throughout my life. I wear it as a badge of honor.

Around the time mI found out that I was one of the Few, the Proud, The Bears Season Ticket Holder, I realized I could put the cleats back on, and compete on the D-I battlefield. Before you start telling your family about my real life, non-offside, Rudy story, I should tell you that this transformation of mine was happing all through NCAA 06 for PlayStation 2.

Finally, a suburban white kid found hope in video games. Why a PS2 game? Because I am too cheap and too lazy to buy a PS3 or above.

As a Chicago Bears Season Ticket holder AND Walk-on Quarterback for THE University of Illinois, I bragged to my family and shared stories and thoughts of my new life. One problem, no one was taking me serious.


So I am taking my Broadcast Journalism Degree from UIUC and sharing with the world my thoughts on The Bears from Section 439 and the latest accomplishments from Memorial Field.

Also, Credit to Brian Fahey. He inspired me to write again. Read his website for the latest movie knowledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment